Cambridge Boat Club Junior Program
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Visit Camp Website
The Cambridge Boat Club offers a selective competitive rowing program for high school athletes. We will focus on sculling and small boat training, but will race a wide range of events. Our plan is to develop highly competitive athletes and boats, and to race competitively and extensively through the summer, culminating with the Canadian Henley in early August. Athletes will be expected to attend all of the coached sessions, as well as any requested additional cross training sessions on their own, outside of the CBC setting. The team is open to athletes with junior status (those who do not turn 19 in the current calendar year) who have one or more years of rowing experience. Experience in sculling is preferred, but not a requirement. Our maximum capacity will be 12 boys and 12 girls, and up to 3 coxswains.
Major Competitions (These will be the cornerstones of our summer racing):
1. Independence Day Regatta (Philadelphia, PA)
2. Canadian Henley Regatta (St Catharines, ONT)
Local Competitions (We'll likely compete at some, but not all of the below):
1. Cromwell Cup (Boston, MA)
2. Sweeps and Sculls (Providence, RI)
3. Methuen City Sprints (Methuen, MA)
· Junior eligibility
· Complete Online Questionnaire / Application (including 2K and other relevant erg scores / racing results)
· Submit a recommendation from a member of your school's or club's coaching staff
· Submit a video of yourself rowing in a boat for at least 10 strokes.
Other Requirements (Forms will be sent with Invitations):
· Submit a completed “Swim Test Card.”
· Complete and Submit SafeSport Form.
· Sign and Submit Waiver.
Sparks Camp and College Wizard
Want a camp list and to better understand your college possibilities?
Our wizard is fast and free. It's designed to help you identify college possibilities and a list of camps to go with them.
Leigh holds a B.A. in International Relations from Brown University and an M.Ed. from Stanford University. She is a former NCAA Division I and US National Team coxswain who has coached rowing Harvard-Radcliffe and at the high school level. Together, these coaching experiences help her better prepare her clients to make the jump from high school sports to college athletics. She has been a college counselor with Sparks since 2016.