Sparks Columbia Summer Camp
- New York, New York
- Vist Camp Website
- Who: Designed for experienced juniors, 14-18; open to all.
- Duration: 4 days
- When: August 6-9, 2017
- Cost: $1,250 for overnight campers
- Where: Columbia University in the City of New York; Campers will be housed on campus and use Columbia rowing facilities.
- Air Travel: Those flying to camp are advised to use LaGuardia (LGA) and arrive three hours prior to camp start. Campers are expected to take a taxi or Uber to Columbia.
- Payment/Refunds: Payments may be made in full at RegattaCentral.com by using the table on the registration tab. Refunds minus a $500 deposit are available until a month before camp.
- Camp Forms: Legally binding agreements are signed via e-mail at time of registration. All other camp documents are be made available 6 weeks prior to camp on the camp forms tab.
- Supervision: The staff lives amongst the student athletes, and has oversight 24 hours a day. Unhealthy substances and/or behaviors are strictly prohibited.
- Staffing: Coaches are not guaranteed; some are active national team athletes or coaches and must prioritize that schedule. To find out about a particular coach, shoot us an e-mail.
Leigh holds a B.A. in International Relations from Brown University and an M.Ed. from Stanford University. She is a former NCAA Division I and US National Team coxswain who has coached rowing Harvard-Radcliffe and at the high school level. Together, these coaching experiences help her better prepare her clients to make the jump from high school sports to college athletics. She has been a college counselor with Sparks since 2016.