Sparks New Zealand Rowing Adventure Program
- Nelson, New Zealand
- Visit Camp Website
- Who: Experienced juniors aged 14-18.
- When: July 6 - July 26, 2017
- Size: Up to 12 athletes make the trip per year.
- Cost: $3,895 USD. Scholarship information is available upon request.
- Where: Nelson, New Zealand at the Nelson Rowing Club. Meals are provided through the parent network at the Nelson Rowing Club, and students are housed in home stays.
- Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply: Please see the application tab.
- Supervision: The small program and size of the community allows for close overwatch beyond the homestay aspect. Jan Smith, the program liaison, will be available for support for the entirety of the program - that said, students are expected to conduct themselves with the same maturity as their kiwi peers.
- Travel Help: Students may arrive within 24 hours of program start and end dates if flights are cheaper as a result.
- Collegiate, Gap Year, and Masters Athletes: Please e-mail us regarding longer periods, obtaining internships, and other activities.
Sparks Camp and College Wizard
Want a camp list and to better understand your college possibilities?
Our wizard is fast and free. It's designed to help you identify college possibilities and a list of camps to go with them.
Founder & CEO
“There isn’t a universal school or rowing team culture that catalyzes athletic, personal or intellectual development,” says Sparks, “That said, every school and rowing team has a culture. The question is whether it’s going to meet the student-athlete and encourage their specific potential.”