Sparks UPenn Summer Rowing Camp
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Visit Camp Website
- Who: A coed camp for high school rowers and coxswains ages 15-19; day campers may be 14 or 13, but we'd prefer you check with us if you're 13.
- Duration: 5 days
- When: Two Sessions are Available
- July 16-20, 2019
- July 23-27, 2019
- Cost: $1,375 for overnight campers | same calendar year and day camper discount codes available.
- Where: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - students will be housed at the University of Pennsylvania and row out of UPenn's boathouse (The Madeira Shell House) on boathouse row*. Dorms have air-conditioning. Shuttles will run between Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and camp on the first and last day of camp.
- Important Times and Dates:
- Registration is 11 AM - 2 PM on the 16th and 23rd
- Camp ends at 11 AM on the 20th and 27th
- Times for Day Campers generally run from 8 AM to 9 PM
- More specific information is available in the registration packet - though we're always available in the lower right hand corner for questions.
- *Schuylkill River Dredging: In the case the City of Philadelphia project to dredge the Schuylkill River is both A) fully funded on time and B) commences at the earliest point possible, the camp has made arrangements for an alternate training venue. Campers will still sleep and eat on UPenn campus, utilize UPenn athletic facilities, receive coaching from the UPenn staff, and tour the UPenn boathouse.
- Questions: We'd be glad to speak with you; click on the live chat in the bottom right corner.
- Supervision: The staff lives amongst the student athletes, and has oversight 24 hours a day. Unhealthy substances and/or behaviors are strictly prohibited.
- Payment/Refunds: Payments may be made in full through our registration portal by using the table on the registration tab. Refunds minus a $500 deposit are available until a month before camp.
- Camp Forms: Camp Forms may be found on your dashboard within 6 weeks of camp.
- Staffing: Coaches are not guaranteed; some are active national team athletes or coaches and must prioritize that schedule. To find out about a particular coach, shoot us an e-mail.
- Learn To Row: A very small number of LTR slots are designed for pure novice crossover athletes who possess athletic backgrounds, focus, and the comport to engage intensively with their own staff and schedule.
Sparks Camp and College Wizard
Want a camp list and to better understand your college possibilities?
Our wizard is fast and free. It's designed to help you identify college possibilities and a list of camps to go with them.
Corrie has served as a coach with the U.S.Rowing Junior National Team, Washington State University, Clemson University, and the University of Central Florida. She holds a Masters in Sports Management from Washington State University.