USRowing Junior Women's Identification Camps
- various locations in US, Alabama
- Vist Camp Website
The Women's Junior National Team will hold identification camps to help select rowers (sweep & sculling) and coxswains for the Junior National Team that will compete in the Junior World Championships. These camps also serve as identification opportunities for the US Junior Women's CanAmMex Team and the High Performance Team. All camps will be run in New London, CT.
These camps are open to all athletes from all programs and we highly encourage those new to the sport to attend to see where they stand and to prepare for future opportunities. Invitation for the various JRNT Camps will be based on the standards provided below.
1) Athletes interested in earning an invite to the selection camp must attend at least one ID Camp. Athletes interested in attending either the High Performance Camp or the Development Camp are strongly encouraged to attend.
2) You must pre-register for ID Camps. Registration is on RegattaCentral, under camps and clinics, listed as a USRowing event.
3) Coxswains, please understand that International Racing weight is 110.2 for female coxswains and we need coxswains that can be healthy and happy at 110.2 pounds in order to be considered for a USRowing Junior Team camp.
4) Athletes MUST be US Citizens to participate in ID camps.
Sparks Camp and College Wizard
Want a camp list and to better understand your college possibilities?
Our wizard is fast and free. It's designed to help you identify college possibilities and a list of camps to go with them.
Director of Counseling
Leanne has guided countless families through the rowing recruiting and college admissions process since joining Sparks in 2010. A lightweight rower at the U.S. Naval Academy, former helicopter pilot and Division I rowing coach, Leanne will hold her M.Ed. in Higher Education from George Washington with a concentration in policy and finance by 2018 and also holds a graduate certificate in College Counseling from UCLA. She is a member of IECA, the Independent Educational Consultants Association.