Minneapolis Rowing Club Summer Camp
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Visit Camp Website
Junior Team & Learn to Row
We welcome high school students entering their 9th grade year through those who have just completed the senior year.Our team is open to all: new rowers who have completed one of our learn to row camps, as well as experienced rowers.
Minneapolis Rowing Club is part of the U.S. Olympic Committee's Safe Sport program, seeking to create a healthy and supportive environment for all participants.
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, you must talk to the Junior Lead Coach before joining the team.
- Meet minimum volunteer expectations as MRC members.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- Comply with MRC Policies and Code of Conduct.
- The Junior Team is a competition team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
Middle School Rowing Camp
We want to get “Kids in the boat”. Camp is for boys and girls going in to sixth, seventh and eighth grades MRC uses a mix of introductory equipment, including a 10 person “barge” where coaches will instruct directly on the boat with the rowers.
Come enjoy learning a cool new sport in a safe fun environment on the Mississippi, this summer 2018. Our focus is on fun and learning, as well as fitness. Athletes are taught the basics of the rowing stroke along with boat handling, terminology, and care for equipment.We offer Sunday session from 5.00 - 7.00 pm and a week session from 9.30 - 11.30
Sparks Camp and College Wizard
Want a camp list and to better understand your college possibilities?
Our wizard is fast and free. It's designed to help you identify college possibilities and a list of camps to go with them.
A student-athlete on a club team in college, Tom brings experience as an educator from the Atlantic 10 and New England Small College Athletic Conference - as well as the pre-requisite counseling certifications for work with Sparks. "I really enjoy getting to know my clients and helping them think through the process - college recruiting is an opportunity to realize more about one's self," says Tom.